Friday, August 21, 2009

Something really hit me tonight. The people in my life right now, those that i love and care about more than anything in the world, might not be in my life like they are if ONE decision in someones life had been different. Not even necessarily OUR lives. Just someones. What if somewhere along the way, ONE person, say the guy who founded my Lutheran Camp, say he decided to make the camp go all through highschool and not stop at going into 7th grade. My life would be SO much different. I cant even think what my world would look like right now. Its impossible to imagine. Absolutely impossible. And to think that this "choose your own adventure book" life of mine has met up with the "books" of the people i love in this way is simply unfathomable. I just cant believe ive gotten so lucky. But its scary the power we have over our own lives and other peoples lives and how it affects EVERYONES future. I just... I cant fully understand.

2 comments:

melee said...

Or you could rest assured in the fact that the people you meet just might be the people you are intended to meet. I dont' know how he does it, but some people I believe that God put there for a reason...

Elizabeth said...

i think everything that every living thing has ever done affects us all.
which is quite scary.
so scary, in fact, that i HAVE to trust that God has some plan for it all.